Ottawa Bioinformatics Core Facility
We are a Core Facility of the University of Ottawa and the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. We provide advice on bioinformatics research design, conduct bioinformatics analysis, and provide support for grant proposals that involve bioinformatics (including conducting pilot studies, support/collaboration letters and methodological text)
Our areas of expertise include:
- Analysis of high-throughput sequencing data; single cell (Chromium 10x), RNA-seq (including small RNA), ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, Hi-C.
- Large scale analysis integrating multiple data types
We have experience with many other types of bioinformatics, and/or can refer you to other local exports, depending on your needs. We can also help to arrange for the analysis of your biological samples with local core facilities such as StemCore, the Proteomics Resource Center, or the OHRI Mass Spectrometry Core Facility.
We provide yearly training courses in RNA-seq analysis and Bioinformatics analysis using R as well as individual training and analysis support on request. We maintain a document containing a summary of our sequencing experiment recommendations for client use.
Please contact us to discuss your project and how we might help you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that our hourly rates will be increasing as of June 1, 2022:
- $85/hr: OHRI or uOttawa clients (from $80/hr)
- $120/hr: external academic clients (from $110/hr)
- $140/hr: industry clients (from $110/hr)